Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ancient Art Diatribe


There's something to say about old school art forms. I am really into them. For starters, I am a weaver, albeit beginning, and think this is the cat's meow. I have so much yarn left after my scarf making rampage this last year and I am going to make a baby blanket for my first non-scarf project. This should be exciting and I will keep the updates coming. Right now my loom is naked as it needs a new project. Bead weaving would be super cool too. I am eager to get into spinning...that would be ideal....actually a loft overlooking the rest of my house that is devoted to my ancient arts would be ideal. I think hand made tiles are pretty cool too and so is glass blowing. I am a big fan of blown glass art and use to geek out for hours watching my old glass blower roommates make so many creations with various clear and colored glass....a very cool process. Also, the art of writing notes and sending them in the snail mail is somewhat lost in our advanced telecommunication culture. I like writing notes quite a bit and it's even better now that I have an awesome new pen. I should put my money where my mouth is and use a fountain pen and then I can really sing ancient art praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment