Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out with the old, In with the new!

2009! That's crazy. My oldest son will be 10 this year. Whew.....So to commemorate the occasion I do have the must-have reminiscent portion and also the hopeful resolutions. In review, 2008 was packed! Here goes:
  1. I gave birth to my third son in the spring and am super smitten with him. He is the ultimate combo kid and looks like both me and my husband simultaneously.
  2. We bought our first house! We survived the paperwork, the good news, the bad news, and are proud home owners for better or for worse!
  3. I mastered a simple scarf design on my loom. Yeah for the ancient art of weaving!
  4. Fully potty trained my strong willed three year old that was way too attached to pull-ups.
  5. Studied for the LSATs and managed to take them...again.
  6. Incorporated a bi-weekly menu/grocery shopping system that we all have come to know and love.
  7. Became more financially responsible.
  8. Spent more quality time with my parents-accepting them for them and just enjoying their company and respecting their input.
  9. I have begun the task of being more spiritually accountable and trying to grow from my beliefs.
  10. Quit my job to focus on my family, my home, and academic goals!
In 2009 I want to do a number of things and have narrowed it down to this attainable list of ten:
  1. Get accepted into law school (hopefully attainable)
  2. Be a better listener...specifically I am not going to allow myself to interrupt other people. I come from a really vocal and boisterous family so interrupting is par for the course but all that's gonna change in 2009.
  3. Let the crafts keep on coming! I am excited about making a baby blanket for my new niece on my loom...this will be a step up from my scarf rampage of 2008. Also, I am the proud owner of a sewing machine and am determined to not let it sit there....so I need to learn some seamstress skills. Additionally, I'd really like to geek out with a huge piece of foam core, various textiles, and a large jar of mod podge (this combination will always have a special place in my heart I'm afraid).
  4. Get the best of my temper instead of vice versa
  5. Acquire a successful and artful family portrait
  6. Be healthier...and by this I have it narrowed down to two things. One, eat less sugar. Two, walk more.
  7. Complete five indoor projects and five outdoor projects (to be listed in another late night spree of blogness).
  8. Go on a family vacation.....we have it narrowed down to Glacier, Yellowstone, or the Outer Banks....time will tell....
  9. Be way more selective about how I ration my time to things that don't really matter to me.
  10. When in doubt, ask myself what Tina Fey would do.