Sunday, January 4, 2009

White Out!

Tonight I took a late night drive across town to take my brother home after an evening of hanging out and being the cool uncle. The streets are so empty as snow begins to pile up on them neglectfully in the late hours of this Sunday night. The flakes are coming down like whispering shards...different from the fluffy flakes of the first snow fall that we had here a month ago. It is so beautiful as everything looks like it has been suddenly and steadily dusted with a huge sifter in the pitch black sky....the sky is slowly grinding out a whisper of a storm. I am relieved to be back inside but I secretly wish I was outside walking between the contrast of the dark night and the bleached landscape of this new snow.

1 comment:

  1. I was just cleaning up my posts and thought I would go poke around and look at other sites. Wow, I love this photo of the snow .. so stark and yet so very beautiful. Did you take this snap? If so, you have quite a wonderful eye. you're right, it is as though the world had been dusted gently with crystals & powdered sugar!

    Happy 2009
    Berni
    http://ayearofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete